Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Great-Grandma Maggie



On Sunday, 09/20/2009 my great-grandma Maggie passed away from a stroke. She was the mother of 17 children. I can't remember how many grandchildren and great-grandchildren but I do know that she also had 3 great-great-grandchildren! Brady, Emma & Connor. :) Grandma Maggie lived a great life and I am so happy to know that one day I will be able to see her again and that she is not suffering anymore and reunited with her husband, sons and other family.
Grandma Irma, Great-Grandma Maggie, Me (emma), My dad and Brady
We were able to get a 5 generation picture and for some reason I didn't get one with Emma when she was born! If you look at the picture, I am actually pregnant with Emma-that is like getting the 5 generation picture, right?
The funeral service took place on Thursday 09/24/2009 in Cebolla, NM. It is a tiny town just 30 min (North, East, South, West) of Chama. I don't know which one. The day was beautiful; which was good cause I was a little scared that brady and Emma would freeze. During the funeral service, Emma decided to be the chatter box and scream and talk the whole entire time. The funeral had not gone on for about 10 min and I was needing to take her to the back. It was probably not appropriate for Emma to be talking during the service. When I got up, Brady started crying because I was leaving and so my mom was with him right behind me. I wanted to stand in the back, but the church is so tiny that there was a crowd standing in the back watching.. I make my way out the door and still more people standing outside. For the rest of the funeral service, we stayed outside and the kids enjoyed it. The cemetery is just up the road, so from the church we walk on to the main hwy and turn left in to the cemetery. It was nice because grandma maggie was burried right next to her kids and my grandpa paul(her husband)!

All of my uncles (grandma maggies boys) were the ballbearers (Sp?)

"God be with you till we meet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment