Thursday, November 26, 2009
2. AMERICA- Today I am thankful to live in free country who let's me have the ability to celebrate this special holiday, Thanksgiving! Any holiday at that!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Friends-I don't hang out with alot of my friends like I would like to. We all have different priorities but I am thankful that when we do get together we have such a great time. We have been able to have girls night staying up way late and enjoying every minute. I am very thankful for my friends.
- Brady-The words can not express the love I have for my little man. He is an absolutely wonderful blessing. I love Brady so much. He knows how to make me laugh-he is such a character. He is growing up so much and I am so thankful that he is my baby. He loves to snuggle, kid around, be mischevious, give kisses and hugs, play, laugh, cry; be everything that you want him to be. I don't know what I would do without him.
- To be stress free-(well majority of the time) I am thankful that my little family and I were able to do nothing on Saturday the 21st. We enjoyed the movies, playing around, naps and being stress free. Each day is precious and to be lived to the fullest!
- The Gospel-I don't know what I would do or where I would be without the Gospel in my life and I am so thankful because of it the life I live. I am thankful that Jesus Christ is my Rock and my salvation. We don't know when our last day is going to be here on earth. It could be today, tomorrow, 5 years from now, etc... That is why I am so thankful to have the Gospel in my life to know that I need to Endure to the End, so that I can return and live with my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ again. We need to be an example to those around us. Teach our children who are Savior is, who our Father in Heaven is.
- My parents- They mean so much to me. They do so much for me and my family. I love my mom and dad so much! Thank you for everything!
- My coworkers-I am thankful that even though tomorrow will be my last day at work, I am thankful that they put together a little going away party for me. They even invited my mom, mother-in-law (who brought my kids) and Jason! I am thankful that they were able to show their appreciation for me and actually tell it to me. I am really going to miss them and the company but I am thankful to move forward and have no reason to look back.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
This picture leads to the door to our hotel room. We stayed at the raddison. We always price it out at priceline.com and I get it for $40-45/night. We even slept on sleep number beds! It was not that comfortable, because I couldn't find my right number! I just loved that we had a walkway/bridge that had a pond full of fish!
On Saturday we went to the BYU vs. UNM College Football game. I really loved it. I had to warm up to it. It was pretty cold! I unfortunately was wearing flip-flops. Not the greatest! The game was getting good when the BYU fans would cheer B! Y! U! the UNM fans would chant SUCKS! afterwards. That really got my blood running! Jason had told me that UNM has a record of like 0-9; so when UNM fans would say "SUCKS" we would say "ZERO WINS" as loud as we could. Oh, we did have UNM fans all around us and to be honest, I didn't scared once. haha! Hey, If you are going to talk crap to the opponents fans, you have got to be able to get it in return. Daniel had told me that one of the guys standing below us was even flipping BYU fans off! There were 3 guys below us and to the left that were saying SUCKS and trying to be tough, so I started yelling at them "ZERO WINS... ZERO WINS!" One of the guys actually turned around and looked at me and threw his hands in the air like he wanted to start a fight. I just looked at him like "Are you kidding me?" So, I said "That is right.. ZERO WINS!" He was trying to be tough and I yelled at him "GROW UP!" He never turned around after that. Another guy was yelling at the BYU fans that we were "OVER RATED." Oh, it was all great fun! A family of BYU fans were a couple rows above us and such humbled people were saying "well, UNM tried!" He kind of annoyed me! haha :) At the end of the game-about a minute left, there was this BIG GUY in the bleachers to my right that started yelling and flipping and cussing at the BYU fans. I looked at Jason and said. That needs to stop. When the game was over with, he was still yelling some foul language and I made him stop!!! I got his attention and said "Hey, there is no need for the cussing and flipping them off. I don't appreciate it and it needs to stop." While I was doing this, I was shaking my finger at him and so he started mocking me. He then told me that is "it was a ***** football game and he will say anything and everything that he wants." There were kids all over. Nobody needs to hear this and I didn't appreciate it. Before you know it, Jason was in front of me yelling at the guy that he no respect for women and that he should not be talking to her like that. So, that guy was telling us to meet him in the parking lot. He said "us 4 against him!" It probably would have taken us 4-HE WAS A BIG GUY!!! So, that is when Daniel got up. The guy then backed down and decided to ask what team we were cheering for? Are you kidding me?!?! It does not matter what team you are for, there is no need to cuss! I didn't care who was around me. I think this was the first time in my whole life when I stepped out of my box and stood up for what I believed in. I don't think that I have had a situation like this,but I am really glad I did it!
It really was a great weekend! I enjoyed the time with Daniel and Ashli. I am so thankful for Jason for being my protector! To be honest, I was not one bit concerned about the UNM fans wanting to cause a fight. I got to thinking about it and I think that when you become a mom, you learn to be more aggressive and no matter what you should always stand up for what you believe in.
- I am thankful for Good American Sports! I really didn't get into watching sports that much until I married Jason and sometimes I enjoy when I know what is going on! I love the competition, addrenanlin, cheering, food, etc... I love it!
- I am thankful for Sunday dinners. Every Sunday, all of my family and I get together and enjoy one another's company. I like to think that we have a grand dinner-which is so yummy, thanks to my mom. I love the spiritual uplifting, the laughter and each member of the family.
- I am thank for my mom and mother-in-law. They make such a great sacrifice for Jason and I so that we can work and they take the time to watch our kids. I hear about the price for daycare and I am very thankful that we don't have that financial burden. I know that it is really not a sacrifice for them; they love watching Brady and Emma but it still is really appreciative.
- I am thankful for my Heavenly Father! Last night my sister and Daniel were hit by a buck while driving and even though they had to tow their car to get it fixed, I am grateful that they are ok. My Heavenly Father is aware of our surroundings and He watches for us and see what is best. I am thankful that we pray to stay safe and our prayers are always answered. Everything happens for a reason.
- Today I am thankful for Answered Prayers. I am forever going to be thankful for this. I am indebted to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Since I have put in my two weeks here at work, I know that this is what I should be doing. Financially it might be tough every once in a while, but since I have put in my notice, randomly this month we have gotten an extra $150.00 put into our bank. When we are doing what is right, we are blessed in more ways than one!
Friday, November 13, 2009
I am thankful for my baby girl Emma. I am thankful that she has chosen Jason and I to be her parents. Emma has brought great Joy into my life, Patience, A Humbled Heart, etc...
When Jason and I found that we were having a girl, we were very excited. The time getting our ultra sound done took quite a while and we didn't think anything of it. That is when we found out that Emma was going to be born with a cleft lip. I broke into tears. I cried because there was something wrong with my daughter and there was nothing that I could do about it. Jason had to leave to get back to work and so I had to get the rest of the info all by myself. I cried waiting for the doctor. I kept picturing in my head the pictures of children with cleft lip/palates and the tears kept pouring. As I was trying to calm myself, I knew with out a doubt that Emma was there telling me, "I Am A Child of God." My baby girl Emma is a daughter of God and no matter the health problems or anything else that may incure, My love for her would not change.
I had told some people of Emma's condition and their stories made me so much more humbled. I could have had an unborn baby who I miscarried, stillborn, have heart problems, major birth defects and so forth. Heavenly Father has given us trials that only make us stronger. He doesn't give us anything that we can't handle.
I am so grateful that Emma has taught me so many great things and she is only 7 months old. I love you Emma.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
This is something that I would like to do. I know that I am 11 days behind so I will post 11 things that I am thankful for today and each day until the end of November I will post another thing that I am thankful for!
I AM THANKFUL FOR.......
- My Family-They have been a great help to me and my little family. They always make a huge sacrifice for us and I really do appreciate that. I love my family.
- My kids! They bring such great joy into my life and I am so thankful that they are my children :)
- My Husband! He is my best friend! I am thankful for him always being there for me, comfort me, a shoulder to cry on, holds the Priesthood, Provider!
- Prayer-I am so thankful to know that my prayers are always answered. My Heavenly Father knows what is best for me and my family and we have been truly blessed.
- My job-It has been a blessing to have a part time job that helps bring in some extra income. But I am truly thankful for in a couple of weeks to have a full time job being a mom! I have put in my two weeks notice and looking forward to the future.
- My Testimony! Jesus Christ is my rock and my salvation! I am thankful for the knowledge I have, that will help me to Endure to the end and return one day and live with my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.
- The house that we live in! Right now there is no way that we could afford a home of our own. I am thankful that my great-grandma Syl had left us her home that we may have a place to live and grow.
- Veterans! Those Men and Women who have made a great deal of sacrifice so that I may live in a Free Country.
- Jason's job-Times are really tough for the economy and I am very thankful that Jason still has a great job to go to everyday.
- The opportunity to be a MOM! I see people every day that have a hard time getting pregnant and I am so thankful that is not the case for me. Bringing children into this world has been a dream of mine and so grateful to know that it is possible.
- Temple Marriage! Jason is my best friend and I am so happy to know that are married for all eternity. I don't know what I would do without him. I am thankful for the gospel; to make this possible!
What are you thankful for?
Monday, November 2, 2009
I was pretty upset with him. He did, when we got to Nahnie's house, did go and sit in timeout.
Brady the Cowardly Lion
Emma the cute Lady Bug
This year was a Halloween event to remember. We were able to have some celebration by going to the ward Halloween party. Both Brady and Emma won a piece of candy for making their ball roll into a pumpkin. (that was one of the games for the kids 4 and under)(oh and Emma had help)
Unfortunately, Both Brady and Emma had gotten sick. I believe it is the swine flu. Everyone that I have talked to that were diagnosed with the swine flu had the same symptoms as Brady and Emma. The only thing that we can do to control it it give them Tylenol. As you can see by the picture.. Brady kept a handkerchief in his back pocket the whole entire time. There is constant nose wipeing. Poor Kids.
I told Jason... Next Year, for sure, the kids will NOT be sick. I want to be able to go Trick-or-Treating!