Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What a weekend!

This last weekend, Jason and I went up to Albuquerque to celebrate a month early our 3 year anniversary. We wanted to be there by 3pm so that we could go to the temple, get our tickets for Saturdays college football game and have quality time together. Unfortunately, we got stuck in Lybrook for an hour because there was a drunk driving accident that killed one person and left others injured. It was scary to see 3 different helicopters leave the scene.
We then got into Albuquerque and Jason's cousin contracts for UNM and always gets passes to the games. We picked up our tickets and fortunately Olive Garden was right there, so that is where we ate. I love Olive Garden. I was a little bit daring and ordered something new for the first time, in I can't tell you how many years. I had a dish called Pork Mellanese (sp?) It was actually pretty good. The pork had scallop bread crumbs or something like that, so that whole time I had to convince myself that I was not eating fish, that's what it looked like. I ate really slow, thinking I was going to bite into a bone. I am pathetic huh?! (I can't stand fish!) Jason and I really enjoyed talking about the last 3 years and the years to come. I love my best friend and husband, Jason!

This picture leads to the door to our hotel room. We stayed at the raddison. We always price it out at priceline.com and I get it for $40-45/night. We even slept on sleep number beds! It was not that comfortable, because I couldn't find my right number! I just loved that we had a walkway/bridge that had a pond full of fish!

We unfortuately didn't make it to the temple and yes that is my fault. Since we didn't go Friday, Jason wanted to go Saturday at 7am. Ugh, I really didn't want to get up that early. To this day, I regret it. I should never deny the opportunity to go to the temple. Jason was not to happy with me. You know, everytime Jason and I want to do something, the two of us, something always has to go wrong. Thankfullly, we always get through it, but its getting through it that is always a pain in the butt!

On Saturday we went to the BYU vs. UNM College Football game. I really loved it. I had to warm up to it. It was pretty cold! I unfortunately was wearing flip-flops. Not the greatest! The game was getting good when the BYU fans would cheer B! Y! U! the UNM fans would chant SUCKS! afterwards. That really got my blood running! Jason had told me that UNM has a record of like 0-9; so when UNM fans would say "SUCKS" we would say "ZERO WINS" as loud as we could. Oh, we did have UNM fans all around us and to be honest, I didn't scared once. haha! Hey, If you are going to talk crap to the opponents fans, you have got to be able to get it in return. Daniel had told me that one of the guys standing below us was even flipping BYU fans off! There were 3 guys below us and to the left that were saying SUCKS and trying to be tough, so I started yelling at them "ZERO WINS... ZERO WINS!" One of the guys actually turned around and looked at me and threw his hands in the air like he wanted to start a fight. I just looked at him like "Are you kidding me?" So, I said "That is right.. ZERO WINS!" He was trying to be tough and I yelled at him "GROW UP!" He never turned around after that. Another guy was yelling at the BYU fans that we were "OVER RATED." Oh, it was all great fun! A family of BYU fans were a couple rows above us and such humbled people were saying "well, UNM tried!" He kind of annoyed me! haha :) At the end of the game-about a minute left, there was this BIG GUY in the bleachers to my right that started yelling and flipping and cussing at the BYU fans. I looked at Jason and said. That needs to stop. When the game was over with, he was still yelling some foul language and I made him stop!!! I got his attention and said "Hey, there is no need for the cussing and flipping them off. I don't appreciate it and it needs to stop." While I was doing this, I was shaking my finger at him and so he started mocking me. He then told me that is "it was a ***** football game and he will say anything and everything that he wants." There were kids all over. Nobody needs to hear this and I didn't appreciate it. Before you know it, Jason was in front of me yelling at the guy that he no respect for women and that he should not be talking to her like that. So, that guy was telling us to meet him in the parking lot. He said "us 4 against him!" It probably would have taken us 4-HE WAS A BIG GUY!!! So, that is when Daniel got up. The guy then backed down and decided to ask what team we were cheering for? Are you kidding me?!?! It does not matter what team you are for, there is no need to cuss! I didn't care who was around me. I think this was the first time in my whole life when I stepped out of my box and stood up for what I believed in. I don't think that I have had a situation like this,but I am really glad I did it!
When we sat back down, there were two UNM fans in front of us and turned around and said, "We are not all like that." It is very unfortunate, that stupid people ruin it for alot of good people! BYU did win, of course! But it was a close call! To be honest, if the kicker from UNM hadn't missed the extra points, I am pretty sure they would have won!



It really was a great weekend! I enjoyed the time with Daniel and Ashli. I am so thankful for Jason for being my protector! To be honest, I was not one bit concerned about the UNM fans wanting to cause a fight. I got to thinking about it and I think that when you become a mom, you learn to be more aggressive and no matter what you should always stand up for what you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment