Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Today I am Thankful For....

My heart is so full of gratitude this day and I have so many things to be thankful for. I would feel awful if I didn't share my feelings.

I am thankful for my baby girl Emma. I am thankful that she has chosen Jason and I to be her parents. Emma has brought great Joy into my life, Patience, A Humbled Heart, etc...
When Jason and I found that we were having a girl, we were very excited. The time getting our ultra sound done took quite a while and we didn't think anything of it. That is when we found out that Emma was going to be born with a cleft lip. I broke into tears. I cried because there was something wrong with my daughter and there was nothing that I could do about it. Jason had to leave to get back to work and so I had to get the rest of the info all by myself. I cried waiting for the doctor. I kept picturing in my head the pictures of children with cleft lip/palates and the tears kept pouring. As I was trying to calm myself, I knew with out a doubt that Emma was there telling me, "I Am A Child of God." My baby girl Emma is a daughter of God and no matter the health problems or anything else that may incure, My love for her would not change.

I had told some people of Emma's condition and their stories made me so much more humbled. I could have had an unborn baby who I miscarried, stillborn, have heart problems, major birth defects and so forth. Heavenly Father has given us trials that only make us stronger. He doesn't give us anything that we can't handle.

I am so grateful that Emma has taught me so many great things and she is only 7 months old. I love you Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment