Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Please

The other day, after work, Jason and I went to my parents house to pick up our little kiddos. We decided to stay and eat; my mom and I prepared a "breakfast" dinner and while preparing Brady was getting impatient and wanted something to eat now. So, we were giving him some watermelon and when he was done, he would run back into the kitchen for more. At first, I would let it slide and just give it to him... As I was cooking, I realized, As he grows up, he is going to expect something without asking and saying please. He ran into the kitchen again and this time I asked him, "What do you say?" He just kind of looked at me like, "huh?" I would tell him, "Please." I then decided to have him sign the word "please" to me. He couldn't figure out how to do it himself, so everytime he wanted watermelon I would help him sign "please."

As we were eating, Brady wanted some cheese to eat and my mom looked at him and said, "Cheese. Do you want some cheese? Can you say Cheese." We were all watching him and he signed "Please." I think I had tears of Joy rolling down my face; ok so he didn't understand that Cheese and Please are two different things, but he can tell that they sound alike and so having him sign "Please" made me realize that my baby is catching on and me teaching him is paying off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment