Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 31, 2010

It is time....

So my little boy is deciding to come after all. He is only 3 days late but that's ok, he is coming!
I woke up around 12:45 because Brady woke up due to a scary dream. Before I went to comfort him, I had to go to the bathroom, but when I got up from the bed, I was a wet. I didn't really know what it was from. I have never had my water break before so I didn't know if that was the cause. I comforted brady and again, I got wet and could feel fluid coming out everyonce in a while. I started reading up on the internet of signs of water breaking.... Some women said it felt like water gushing out and some said it was just trickles here and there. The trickling part was more of my experience. It also mentioned to lay down for 30 min and then get up and if more fluid comes out that is the amniotic fluid not just urine. When I got up not a lot of fluid came out, so I went back to sleep. Oh don't get me wrong, it took me a long time to sleep because I had so much on my mind.
I woke up around 8am; my pad was wet but not that bad. I went about my morning, my contractions were here and there but nothing constant. Around 11am I was starting to get a little worried because I had not felt my baby move since 2 this morning. Mind you, I slept for 6 more hrs so I didn't feel anything at the time. I started worrying. To be honest, I started thinking the worse. We brought the kids over to Jasons parents house. We thought it would be best to go over to the hospital, check the fluid to see if it is amniotic and make the sure the baby is ok. I figured it would be a quick check and go home and eat. Nope!
My water did break and the baby did have a bowl movement, so we have to get that watched and be prepared for when I deliver him. The nurse, Patty put the heart monitor on and wa la, our baby boy is still doing good. Because I am in labor I can't eat. Boo! Because my water broke, apparently you have to deliver within 24hrs of it breaking. So I am thinking we have until 12:45 tonight. We also have to deliver within that time to prevent infection and a c-section.
Around 2:45pm they started me on ptocin, I was dialated a 1-2 cm and 50% effaced. It is now 3:45 and I think the contractions are getting stronger. I do remember the pain, so I know right now I can handle this. We shall see what happens in the next few hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment